About the American Civil War Collection
Letters (various New York regiments)
- 456 letters written during the American Civil War and related to regiments mustered out counties in the Central New York region such as Oneida County, Herkimer County, and Madison County.
- 926 Enlistment Forms (submitted in Oneida County, Herkimer County, and Madison County)
New York 117th Regiment
- Diary of Edward Snow Foster (3 vols.)
- Diary of John Humphrey
- 62 military record (official orders, field reports, prisoner lists)
- 23 textile reunion ribbons
- 13 printed reunion programs
- 69 Nashville Army Headquarters Hospital Release Forms
The letters and military records were transcribed and encoded in TEI (Text Encoding Initiative) to facilitate rich searching of the content. The image of the original and the transcription are displayed side-by-side.